Indian Spiced Radishes and Pumpkin
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Ingredients:800g pumpkin or squash, cut into small chunks
3 tbsp nut oil
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 curry leaves
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 onion, finely diced
20 radishes, sliced into thick rounds
2 tomatoes, chopped
- Boil the pumpkin in water for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil and add the chilli, turmeric, cumin, mustard seeds and curry leaves and cook for a minute or two until they are fragrant but not burnt. Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté for a minute then add the radishes and finally the pumpkin.
- Season with a good pinch of salt and cook until the vegetables are tender but start to crisp on the outside.
- Stir through the chopped tomatoes and serve with chapattis.