Cruelty Free Beauty
- 4 signs you have low iron levels
- Zero Waste Beauty: Adopt a green routine with these sustainable products
- This eco-friendly beauty box is packed with refillable multi-taskers
- “I find myself using it even when I don’t need to!”
- Arctic-inspired natural skincare brand launches in the UK
- Green People launches beauty balm packaged in 100% biodegradable pot
- Lush launches same-day delivery service for its iconic handmade cosmetics
- “This cruelty-free tanning water gave me the confidence boost I needed”
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- View all
- Eat these foods to boost your mood
- Upgrade Your Cheese Toastie
- Have a healthy Christmas with these festive food swaps
- Omega-3 Health Benefits
- 5 minutes with Max La Manna
- A nutritionist’s guide to eating for healthy joints
- Easy ways to achieve your health goals
- Discover the benefits of raisins on a vegetarian diet
- Improve your gut health with California Raisins
- This herbal tea can block your body’s sugar intake
- Your guide to eco-friendly and fair trade coffee in the UK
- View all
- Quorn Vegan Hot & Spicy Burger with Pink Slaw
- Tomato and Pumpkin Soup
- Pea and elderflower cocktail
- Matcha Coconut Ice Cream
- Vegan Lemon Bars
- Mango Salad with Thai Dressing
- Garden Gimlet
- Tofu & Green Beans Teriyaki
- Cornflakes Bombay
- Rainbow Pickle
- Soba noodles with kale and collards
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Nudie Snacks Launches Wonky Veg Crisps
- A quarter of Brits are now drinking plant-based milks
- This vegan cheese range is now available in the UK
- Boost your veggie meals with this new umami sauce
- Nourish London collaborates with Freeset to create gifts that give back
- Iceland Launches New Vegan Range
- Loveseitan And Vegan Dough Co. Join Forces To Deliver Plant-powered Pizza
- Green Cleaning Company Bio-D Signs Up To Plastic Pact
- Vegan makeup brand KVD is launching in Boots
- Plates London launches plant-based online cookery course
- Bamigo’s bamboo clothing arrives in the UK
- View all
17 easy vegan recipes for every occasion
From brilliant breakfasts and delicious dinners, to superfood snacks and plant-based puds, you'll want to eat these dishes again and again
Vegan Breakfast Recipes
If you’re planning brunch or just want to start your day with something a bit more indulgent, this vegan French toast will hit the spot. It’s topped with a wonderfully fragrant chestnut and maple syrup purée and seasonal fruit.
What are weekends for if not treating yourself to a substantial breakfast? These three-ingredient banana pancakes are a real treat to eat, yet don’t take long at all to make. Light and fluffy, they’re served with toasted pecans for added texture, and topped with vegan yoghurt and maple syrup. Keep in mind that the riper the banana, the sweeter the pancakes, so this is a great way to use up old bananas to save them from going to waste.
Whether you’re new to a plant-based diet and are missing eggs, or have always been intrigued by the idea of a vegan omelette, this Chinese omelette recipe is sure to win you over. It only takes about 20 minutes to make, and the pancake batter is a wonderful basic recipe to keep under your sleeve. But it’s the addition of the Chinese-inspired ingredients such as green onion, sesame and tamari that makes this fragrant dish a real winner.
If you’re not familiar with shakshuka, this Middle Eastern dish is wonderfully aromatic. Traditionally served for breakfast, it features a rich, spiced tomato base and is typically topped with eggs and baked in the oven. This vegan version is packed with flavour thanks to the addition of red pepper and sundried tomato, while the use of chickpeas adds more texture and protein. Top it with vegan cashew cream or yoghurt to balance out the spices.
If you’re intrigued by the idea of tofu scramble, then you should certainly give it a try. Whilst resembling scrambled egg, keep in mind that the texture and taste will never exactly mimic egg. That said, this vegan breakfast dish has a wonderful flavour and makes for a great go-to recipe, served on toast or as a baked potato filling.
Vegan Lunch Recipes
This sandwich will seriously up your lunch game. The homemade barbecue sauce really packs a punch, while the crunchy slaw, creamy avocado and tangy sauerkraut add a great mix of textures. If you have the time, marinate the tempeh in advance to make it extra flavoursome.
Salads are a popular lunchtime option, particularly if you prefer a light midday meal. This hot salad is great if you’re looking for something more substantial. Spinach, potato and onion are combined in a dressing made from sesame oil, garlic and spices for a wonderfully comforting dish.
There is nothing like a homemade vegan burger, and this one from Niki Webster’s latest book, Be More Vegan, is incredibly easy to make. The falafel patty is crispy and lightly spice, and is perfectly paired with creamy plant-based mayo, fresh salad, hummus, tomatoes and pickles. Serve in a vegan burger bun or pita bread.
Vegan Dinner Ideas
Packed with flavours, these stuffed peppers make use of aromatic herbs and flavoured grains for a hearty dish that’s topped with a minty coconut cream.
We know what you’re thinking: vegan fish and chips? Really? Just hear us out though, because this healthier version of the British classic is a fab alternative that’s equally as comforting. A quick beer batter combined with shredded seaweed coats firm block of tofu, while a creamy mashed peas and homemade hand-cut chips complete the meal.
Fresh, light and fragrant, this vegan curry recipe is super easy to make from scratch, and the addition of tofu provides plenty of protein. A homemade Thai green curry paste makes a fragrant base that can be made a few days in advance.
We’re all for healthy packed with colourful, nutritious veggies, but sometimes you just need something comforting, hearty and warming. That’s where this dairy-free macaroni and cheese comes in: it’s quick to make, but is exceptionally creamy, cheesy and crunchy. Serve it with a fresh side salad.
Vegan Snack Ideas
Creamy hummus makes for a wonderful snack, and this pink version features hummus for a more earthy flavour that we simply love. Use as a dip for crudités or spread atop crackers.
Okay, so banana bread may not be the first snack that comes to mind, but when a mid-afternoon craving hits, this moist loaf will go down a treat served with a cuppa.
If you’re a fan of classic British desserts, then this vegan banoffee pie recipe will be right up your street! Rich and indulgent, it features a biscuit, hazelnut and cocoa base that’s topped with fresh bananas, dairy-free cream, hazelnuts and vegan chocolate shavings.
We love the use of Levantine flavours here, which makes for a unique dessert that will go down well with vegans and non-vegans alike. Layers of flaky filo are topped with mixed nuts and crunchy apples, while a drizzle of sweet orange syrup brings everything together.
Henry & Ian of BOSH! fame really know how to nail vegan comfort food, and this one-pan cookie will really hit the spot. Gooey in the middle, and crispy around the edges, it uses tahini, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans for a wonderfully rich and crunchy cookie that will be devoured in minutes.
Feeling inspired to cook? Check out our Recipe Collections for everything from gluten-free dishes to seasonal treats.