Aside from being tasty and easy to prepare, we love the versatility of granola. It can be sprinkled on top of yoghurt for breakfast, baked to create a snack bar, or even added to savoury dishes for a more substantial meal. You can even mix them together with your favourite additions, from fresh fruit to nuts and seeds, to make it even more nutritious. Here, the UK online CBD marketplace Alphagreen shares five ideas for taking your granola to the next level with health-boosting ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboard…
Cruelty Free Beauty
- Zero Waste Beauty: Adopt a green routine with these sustainable products
- This eco-friendly beauty box is packed with refillable multi-taskers
- “I find myself using it even when I don’t need to!”
- Arctic-inspired natural skincare brand launches in the UK
- Green People launches beauty balm packaged in 100% biodegradable pot
- Lush launches same-day delivery service for its iconic handmade cosmetics
- “This cruelty-free tanning water gave me the confidence boost I needed”
- rho launches sustainable loungewear that gives back
- Rose & Caramel Raises Awareness For Women’s Self-Esteem & Mental Health With ‘I TAN FOR ME’ Campaign
- Couple launches entirely plant-based and refillable deodorant on Kickstarter
- Raising Vegetarian Children
- View all
- Easy ways to achieve your health goals
- Discover the benefits of raisins on a vegetarian diet
- Improve your gut health with California Raisins
- 5 ingredients to add to your granola
- This herbal tea can block your body’s sugar intake
- Your guide to eco-friendly and fair trade coffee in the UK
- Eat these foods to boost your mood
- “I could actually feel the lipstick moisturising my skin”
- Vegan beauty buys for top-to-toe care
- Why you should consider a cruelty free lifestyle
- The best roasted vegetable lasagne recipes
- View all
- Strawberry Smoothie with Lime
- Tenderstem and Chickpea Salad
- Apple and Green Tea Yoghurt Ice Pop
- Strawberries with Apple Sorbet
- Summertime Spaghetti
- 15-Minute Tomato Sauce
- Butternut Squash Curry
- Veggie Sushi
- Tofu Chowder
- Chicken Style Moroccan Couscous Salad
- Very Berry Pimms
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Wagamama pledges to cut meat offerings by 50% in 2021
- Nails.INC launches 21-free vegan nail polish
- Nudie Snacks Launches Wonky Veg Crisps
- UK’s First Plastic-Free Supermarket Opens In London
- Jimmy’s Oat Flat White: it’s vegan, it’s iced and it’s a total winner
- Loveseitan And Vegan Dough Co. Join Forces To Deliver Plant-powered Pizza
- ProVeg Launches Veggie Challenge App for Plant-Based Lifestyle
- VegFestUK goes virtual for 2020
- Oatly is Giving Away Free Tea and Coffee Across the UK
- Nourish London collaborates with Freeset to create gifts that give back
- Linda McCartney’s brings back its popular Vegemince
- View all
5 ingredients to add to your granola
These health-boosting granola additions will take your recipe to the next level
Research shows that dates, whether fresh or dried, are a great source of antioxidants and minerals, including calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and zinc. Dates can also be useful for heart health, act as a brain booster and support bone health and blood sugar regulation. They’re great for digestion, too, as dates are quite rich in dietary fibre.
Extracted from the inner bark of trees known as Cinnamomum, this common ingredient is popular in various dishes and recipes thanks to its distinct smell and flavour. But it comes with various health benefits, too. Studies show that cinnamon might help to reduce blood sugar levels, fight bacterial and fungal infections, lower the risk of cardiovascular disease, and decrease inflammation. Added to your granola, it’ll provide a wonderfully earthy and fragrant hit of flavour.
Besides being fat-free and cholesterol-free, raisins are high in antioxidants, healthy vitamins, minerals and fibre. What’s more, research suggests that adding raisins to daily meals may support the heart, bones and teeth. These wrinkly dried fruits also add natural sweetness to your healthy snacks, without the need to add sugar!
Cannabidiol – commonly known as CBD – is believed to interact with certain receptors of your endocannabinoid system to aid in regulating different bodily functions. As a result, intake of CBD oil for sleep can help to promote a better night’s rest by lowering stress and anxiety levels, and relieving pain.
To reap its benefits, you can simply add a couple drops of oil tincture to your granola, or opt for ready-made versions such as CBD gummies, chocolate, breakfast cereal, dried fruits and peanut butter, which also make great additions to your granola.
If you are curious about trying CBD products, Alphagreen features reliable and well-established CBD wellness brands, and can provide you with a carefully selected collection of the best CBD oil for anxiety, sleep and pain, while also helping you to learn about the latest research regarding modern supplements and treatment options.
With its intense, slightly sweet flavour, this spice is used in both sweet and savoury recipes. It’s loaded with dietary fibre, carbohydrates, protein, vitamin C, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, manganese, calcium, zinc and magnesium, among others.
Cardamom is known to protect from chronic diseases owing to its anti-inflammatory effects and could treat infections thanks to its antibacterial effects. Research shows that this versatile spice can also help with digestive problems, prevent bad breath and cavities, lower blood sugar levels, prevent anxiety, enchase airflow to your lungs, and improve breathing.
So next time you want to make homemade granola, you’ll have plenty of ideas for adding a healthy twist to your recipe!
More from Vegetarian blog
Has your health taken a hit during lockdown? California Raisins is here to support your health goals with easy ideas to make a positive change
Discover the health benefits of eating raisins, from boosting your mood and energy to aiding digestion
World Digestive Health Day is the perfect time to discover easy ways to improve your gut health, from your diet to your lifestyle
Can you really have your cake and eat it too?